Price is determined by the number of students and staff travelling,
date of travel, hotels, number of matches, rates of exchange etc.
Malaysia is a popular destination for school hockey tours, for its affordability, cultural experience and great sporting opposition. Students will enjoy a tour from the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of Singapore, via Johor Bharu and heritage rich city of Malacca in Malaysia. They travel by coach through to the bustling capital city of Kuala Lumpur where the students can visit the famous Petronas Twin Towers and visit the Batu Caves or even see the spectacle of thousands of fireflies as they take off at dusk along the banks of the Selangor River. After a few days in the capital, travel up to Penang, via Ipoh and Gua Tempurung - the largest limestone cave in Malaysia, experience an encounter with the humorous Orangutangs in their sanctuary and the enjoy the culture and beauty of Penang as you explore the "pearl of the orient", the oldest British settlement in Malaysia. During the tour, teams will compete against local schools and/or clubs and interact with their sporting peers.
Hockey Tour, Singapore & Malaysia
|Day 1||Depart South Africa for Singapore.|
|Day 2||Arrive Singapore. You will be taken on a tour of the city en route to your hotel.
Remainder of the day at leisure.
|Day 3||Morning at leisure to explore Sentosa Island.
Afternoon Match 1.
|Day 4||Travel over the border to Johor Bharu where you play Match 2.|
|Day 5||Continue via the historical city of Malacca where you play Match 3.|
|Day 6||Depart Malacca for Kuala Lumpur and a brief orientation city tour before arriving at your hotel.|
|Day 7||Today you will visit Petronas Twin Towers Skybridge for a breathtaking view of the city. This afternoon you are at leisure and the evening you will be taken to see the Fireflies at Selangor followed by Dinner.|
|Day 8||Transfer to Batu Caves for a visit to the cave and Hindu Temple. Afterwards transfer to Match 4.|
|Day 9||At leisure in Kuala Lumpur today before your afternoon Match 5.|
|Day 10||Today you depart Kuala Lumpur and travel to Gua Tempurung caves and on to Ipoh where you play Match 6.|
|Day 11||Depart Ipoh and travel to Penang, with an optional excursion to Orangutang Island.|
|Day 12||Penang, a tour of the Pearl of the Orient followed by your 8th Match and final match of tour.|
|Day 13||Penang, at leisure until you transfer to the airport for your connecting flight to Singapore.|
|Day 14||Arrive South Africa.|
- Estimated return economy class airfares ex Johannesburg
- Estimated airport taxes
- 11 nights 3 star hotel accommodation with breakfast daily
- All transfers and tours indicated in itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water per person per match
- Malaysian GST at 6%
- Arrangement of 6-8 Matches with post match social with team
- Venue fees & umpires
- Tour Bag & Shirt
- Group Travel Insurance
- Meals Not specified
- Additional match fixture fees and venue hire / increases
- Excess baggage (airlines no longer pool luggage for groups)
- Gratuities (normally 10%)
- Passport application (visas not required for SA passport holders).
- availability of all services at the time of booking
- confirmation and availability of suitable match fixtures.
- amendment of itinerary to suite confirmed matches
- group numbers and accompanying staff
- currency fluctuation (package price remains subject to fluctuation until full payment is made too ground agents.)
Note: All children travelling from South Africa are required to travel with the appropriate documentation. Please refer to http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/civic-services/traveling-with-children for further information.